Sunday 9 February 2014

Ideas




 I was just messing around with this, my ideas are more to do with feelings I guess than anything else. I think for a narrative photo to work, you need to have emotion in it, that way the viewers can interact and relate in some way with your images. Emotion helps I think to bring your story together, if there isn't any then I don't think it holds the same feeling you get to an image that does.

-Shoes/Travel 
From researching Photography and Narrative I found that most of the images I looked at where about events or observers so I thought about creating a narrative with objects. This made me think about Picasso and his painting of his shoes, which then give me the idea of travel and incorporating video using still images maybe music as well to add a more creative feel to it. I think it would be fun to try this, make it a self-project sort of thing, and add some self-portraits and other things.

-Insecurities 
I think I’ll be developing on this idea more, I want to try and keep my single image and my series of images on the same sort of narrative and I have a couple ideas of how I want to do that. It was a conversation I had with my sisters that gave the idea to create a narrative about insecurities. I think with this you can take it anywhere you want because it’s such a common thing you see in photography and just around you in general. I’m excited to develop on it and see how it turns out.

-Identity 
Like insecurities, I think identity is also a common theme to be seen in photos. In a way its already apart of insecurities, they’re both sort of the same thing I think and could easily be captured in a narrative. One of the artist I looked at for this idea was Jocelyn Allen, who created a series 'One Is Not Like The Other' which captures identity by exploring a copycat theme getting her close relatives to pose and then Allen recreating that and mimicking everything about them down to their pose, clothes and facial features. 
Being Grandad

This is one of the images from her series, I find her work interesting to look at its definitely different and unique. To me they show physical differences and possibly trying to find yourself or trying to understand others.


 My ideas where similar, I wanted to capture peoples differences and show what made them, them. Whether it was capturing a scar, a tattoo, their race or portraying their sexuality, I also wanted to sort of show what it’s like to be them and to understand them I guess that’s where insecurities come in to it, it makes it that more personal for the subject and maybe the viewer.

-Weather 
I tried to think of things that were happening now, around us, and thought about the weather. About it being destructive and the floods some places are getting from the rain and things. I wanted to capture the aftermath you could say they left the people that it affected and how they felt. 

-Animal and Love
These where more of just thoughts I had on creating a narrative, I don’t think I’ll be developing on them. Maybe if I did more research on them it would be interesting to see what I could do with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment