Thursday 13 March 2014

Evaluation



Photography and Narrative

Getting inspiration from Gillian Wearing, Steve Rosenfield, Douglas Gayeton and Trent Bell I created a narrative portraying the insecurities of people, showing a serious and personal side as well as a more fun and comical side to it. Experimenting with coloured acetate to capture a more positive, fun side of insecurities I wanted to show that they don’t have to necessarily be something that is taken seriously but can also be taken in a more positive way. I carried the theme on from my single image which portrays an insecurity about wanting to be thinner, I think I took my series in a slightly different direction from this. It focuses more on appearance were as my series capture my subject feelings and fears.

I think if I was to improve on my series the biggest improvement would be to capture more images and experiment with more people. It would be interesting to experiment with different generations to see maybe how society effects people differently. I would also be more experimental with my work, with the lighting, location and my ideas in general. Instead of just writing them down I need to develop on them more.

The only problem I had with this project was creating my presentation, I originally choose PowerPoint to create it but I needed to cut the music that I was going to use so I decided to use PremierPro and InDesign. I used InDesign to arrange my images the way I wanted them then imported them in to PremierPro to edit the music in with my images.

I received a lot of feedback towards my work most of it was to capture more images, also some ideas on how I could develop my work which I found useful. I’m also wary about showing my work or asking for help I think that’s something I need to work on and ask for more advice on my work and how I can improve on it. I felt comfortable with this project, I feel that I was more independent with my work and how I wanted it to look. Also I felt I had more control in the studio, I found it easier to work with but I still need more practice with the equipment and setting up I need to be more quicker.

The main thing that I would do differently with this project would be to take more picture, lots and lots of pictures. And to develop on my ideas and be more experimental, to maybe not be as safe with my work and be bolder with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment