Wednesday 8 January 2014

Task

Image 1
Image 3
Image 2
The task was to (in pairs) capture the identity of another person but to not speak and instruct them on what to do, then present our image to the other groups. I found it quite hard to do actually, not so much of the not speaking part (although we did do a little of it) more of the trying to capture the identity of someone. I knew how I wanted my images to look but then it was to actually go and take them and i wanted to find a place that I could use that also showed my partners personality in a way.

So i tried going with the more simpler background, i though that it suited my partners personality because shes quite quiet and keeps to herself. But then i had to try instruct her with out speaking, it was like we where playing charades. Image 1, i think shows the complete opposite of what i was trying to capture. She looks quite authoritative and in control by the way she stood (not what i was going for). Images 2 and 3, i do like them, i think they sort of show what i was trying to capture but i think there still not as good as what i wanted. Image 3 was the image i choose to present to the other groups. I thought that it was better then the other two it shows that shes quite secluded because she has her headphones in and looking at her phone but now from getting feedback i think it would have been better to have her look away from the camera instead of at her phone, instead of just looking like a snapshot it would have shown more interaction and maybe made it a better image.

I enjoyed this task, I think that after doing it, it helped me understand what the difference is from a portrait that shows who someone is to say a fashion portrait that document the latest trent and is quiet art like. Both are portraits but have different meanings and approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment